View Single Post
Old 09-13-2013, 05:10 PM   #41
fammdw
Adventurer

Oddometer: 53
Russell Day-Long Group Buy 2013-14

Quote:
Originally Posted by Micg1313 View Post
I called RDL late this afternoon and spoke to Kim . I asked her about the group buy started here she said they are NOT doing a group buy this year.
Better luck next year
I had several people do the same thing as you last year during my group buy and in the same tradition, you have returned to this forum in an attempt to crush the spirits of those on the list.

First of all, thank you Mr. Helper.

RDL will never, and I repeat never, confirm that they are going to accept a group buy months before they actually do so. Reason being... If they did so, people would quit placing full price orders and wait a couple to three months to order at the discount. These are smart business people we are talking about here and this ain't their first rodeo.

I would ask anyone that comes across this thread to first of all, don't call RDL and ask about this forum's group buy. Leave the negotiation with RDL to the administrator of this group buy effort. If you do not have faith that the group buy will take place, simply go to their website and go ahead and order at full price. While there is no guarantee that RDL will do a group buy this year, Kim's denial of it in September certainly doesn't mean it will not happen in December. She said the exact same thing last year. Time will tell...

Secondly... See the last request. No one is forcing anyone to be part of this effort. Don't go out of way though to ruin it for those that do want to be part of it. If RDL goes forward (as they did last year when they said they were not) there will be quite a few people enjoying a new seat come December. If not, we did our very best to make it happen.

The administrator of this group buy works for a living and does not exist to cater to your emails and requests for acceptance. If you do not hear back from him in a timeframe you feel is reasonable, simply attempt to reach out to him again.

Last but not least, go back and read the instructions in the first post. If you did not follow them, you shouldn't expect a response at all.

fammdw screwed with this post 09-13-2013 at 05:19 PM
fammdw is offline   Reply With Quote