View Single Post
Old 09-15-2013, 06:20 AM   #5416
soldierguy
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 467
V-Strom...Done!

My V-Strom is done! Pics follow the short story...

Short story: Just retired from the Army about 6 months ago. I've had a bunch of different bikes over the years, but before I retired I sold them all. A combination of medical issues and I was about to move. Medical stuff has improved but isn't gone totally, and I'm still in transition to figuring out what to do next (gave myself a year off to figure it out), and I was really missing riding. So I picked up this:

[IMG][/IMG]

I liked the basic bike, and wanted to do some longer distance riding on it, but I hated the color and it needed some farkling. So it went from what you see above, to this, as of about 10-ish days ago:

[IMG][/IMG]

The color is Subaru's Desert Khaki. Depending on the light, it can look tan, light grey, or have an olive green hue to it. The Suzuki emblem is painted on above the color coat and below the clear. My cousin does body & paint at a very high-end auto restoration shop, and he did the paintwork for me for free!

But in the transition of the bike, I knew I wanted to hack it. So I contacted Jay at DMC a while back, and after some deliberation, I ordered a sidecar. 10 long weeks later, I was hauling my Wee up to Enumclaw, WA so DMC could put the car on it. I'm SO GLAD I did that rather than attempt it myself...shortly after I dropped it off, I got a call from Jay outlining a couple of things that Suzuki changed that neither he nor I knew about...a few parts had to be redesigned & fabricated, so there was a short delay...just a couple days. Parts done, installed, tested, and here's what I'm taking back home now:

[IMG][/IMG]

Cant wait to get her back home and start having some fun with her!

'13 Yamaha Super Tenere - my dream bike
soldierguy is offline   Reply With Quote