View Single Post
Old 09-15-2013, 04:05 PM   #1
Red Beer'd OP
Tourist

Oddometer: 20
Time for heading south (take 2)

I'll try to make is thread again, tried earlier today and messed it all up.
The wife and I and the gentleman we ride with most often are planning a little trip south for the fall and we agreed it would be nice to share since folks on this forum are so great at sharing their adventures. We've done this trip before where we leave Alberta destined for Arizona however previously we've always gone through the western states and this time we would like to travel through the interior with a side trip to Louisiana before heading to Arizona.
I scratched a few lines on a Shell map with Paint, some of the roads we took on our two previous trips down and back:

A few pics from the road in no real order:

Monument Valley popular tourist picture

Cliff Palace at Mesa Verde National Park

Spider Rock in Canyon de Chelly

Badwater Basin in Death Valley NP

Crazy rock texture in Kings Canyon NP

A big ol' tree in Sequoia NP

Half Dome in Yosemite NP

Messed up "diptych" of the bridge over the Crooked River Gorge

Crater Lake in May 2012

The barking stinking critters on the California coast

Montezuma's Castle

South rim of the Grand Canyon

UFO Museum in Roswell New Mexico

With our journey still in the planning stages we have only nailed down a few stops. The first day will likely take us to Moosejaw hopefully in time to sample some smoked prime rib. After that I'd like to pass by the Devil's Tower monument in Wyoming and Jewel Cave and Mt. Rushmore monument in the Black Hills. South of there is somewhat unknown since I've never been. More pics to come if I decide I can figure this thread thing out!
Red Beer'd is offline   Reply With Quote