Old 09-16-2013, 12:27 PM   #32
XSpearsX OP
Dakar Widow

Oddometer: 488
Marco Saldarriaga

Rider: Marco Saldarriaga
Bike: 2013 KTM 450RR (Rally Replica)
Support Team: Freedom Rally Racing

The excitement and challenge of his successful 2013 Dakar completion has brought native Colombian, Marco Saldarriaga, back to South America with Freedom Rally Racing for 2014. Last year was his first time entering into an adventure of this caliber and looks forward to another successful rally finish. Marco being a rookie pilot, shows how skilled a rider he has become in such a short time.

It wasn’t so long ago that Marco Antonio first joined the world of motorcycling, but quickly progressed. In 2010 he won a national title at a Colombian rally. Off the track he has developed a motorcycle accessory business to develop and improve, among other things, a road book which was presented at the 2013 Dakar. His ambitions are those of a well prepared rookie and is well versed in what is needed. Marco was awarded a VIP trip to Dakar in 2010, where he discovered the world of the bivouac site and watched Marc Coma, the Prohen’s and other amateurs. He saw the magnitude of the challenge but realized that they were just pilots like him who could face the Dakar. Marco Antonio quickly decided join the story.

“I am 100% a bike lover. The trial started about 15 years ago after lots of participation in Mountain bike and Cyclo Cross. At my company we develop a new type of road book, leading us into the rallies, participating in competitions like this in my own country. On a Yamaha, I got a Ténéré 660 to go from Colombia to Chile with a rest day in Arica. It was a nice adventure. Upon arrival I discovered the world of Dakar. Upon entering the bivouac, what I thought was impossible, was achievable but challenging. Here I am now, to start my own story with the Dakar as part of the team that rode with many of our products which are beginning to be recognized, and we are equipped, for example, Ignacio Casale quadricycle. “

Pictures:
https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?...8999566&type=1