View Single Post
Old 09-17-2013, 07:47 AM   #12
Bumpaman OP
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 161
950 update

Hello all,
I just wanted to close out this thread with an update on my 950 that had a real hard time revving up past 4k rpm. Just finished a trip on the Heart of the west and being that most of the trip was 4k rpm and below the problem wasn't too bad. But the problem plagued my mind and bike everyday until I attended the KTM Nat'l Rally in Steamboat last weekend and talked to KTM Tech Tyler Burner. When I described the problem the first thing he asked was where were my carb vent hoses located...in the airbox or out? When I told him in and he shook his head and said they must be outside the airbox, I immediately realized what a bonehead stunt I had committed when I did my valve adjust last spring (not locating the vent hoses where they should be). I tore the bike down to the carbs that day and put the vent hoses where they belong and VOILA'....the old girl pulls like a racehorse in everygear and behaves like it was meant to. Thank you Tyler!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Big lesson learned by me in more than one way. Thanks so much to all of you who tried to help. I think the only reason that vent hoses weren't mentioned was that you didn't think anyone would be that foolish. I evidently am. Thanks to all again. Till next time
Bumpaman is offline   Reply With Quote