View Single Post
Old 09-17-2013, 10:12 AM   #2938
brazen13
woot.

Oddometer: 101
Quote:
Originally Posted by AdventureBunny View Post
Well, nobody's been in here in a while but I figured since I was new I would drop in and say hello! I am completely new to riding and just bought my first bike (2013 XT250). I haven't taken my BRC yet so I have just been practicing on dirt roads and parking lots, but it has still been a blast. My boyfriend has a 2012 Tiger 800XC so eventually I would love to graduate to a more powerful bike (maybe next year) like the BMW F700 or G650GS because we plan on going on many adventures together and I'll need to keep up. But baby steps...I am still a little intimidated by the little 250! I am in Southern NH so the season is almost at an end but I plan on having as much fun as I can until the snow hits.

Cheers!
Congrats on the new bike! Good stuff! I ride a 650GS and the only bike I sat on before that one was the 250 they use in the course when I got my license 3 years ago. It was a big difference and maybe it was too big of a bike to start with but that's what I had, I was determined and I still remember the moment when I realized I no longer noticed the weight!

I'm still learning a lot and have made a lot of progress in the past year. I even rented a dirt bike when I went to Hawaii - now I want one of those!

Have fun!