View Single Post
Old 09-17-2013, 04:55 PM   #32
eatpasta
Lawnmower Target

Oddometer: 10,118
so the point of the article is, if you're going to kill yourself just do it quietly?

Quote:
If people want to engage in high-risk speed-driving, they should be made to do it in relative silence
screw safety.....

I wonder if his "condo downtown" has a lawn that he can yell at people for walking across, or are all the cool kids already there?

part of living in a city is noise, period. Garbage trucks at very close proximity, road works, sirens, and yes the occasional loud bike. the rest of the crap is significantly more prolific than the bikes however if you were to live near a Santa Monica canyon, I feel for you for sure.
In all honesty, after having ridden in Los Angeles for 10 years almost every day, I have WAY less close calls on my Speed Triple (with annoying pipes) than my stock GS.

Having said that, when I move back to my quiet hometown in a few months, Im going to stockify the exhaust on the Speedy 3.

hell leaf blowers ARE ILLEGAL in Los Angeles but do I have to constantly hear that crap and have to breathe the two stroke exhaust, yes.
Originally Posted by Burnszilla
I was SO high, I could have hunted duck with a rake
Quote:
Originally Posted by VxZeroKnots View Post
MX stuff isn't my cup of tea, but falling down the side of a mountain is

eatpasta screwed with this post 09-17-2013 at 05:24 PM
eatpasta is offline   Reply With Quote