View Single Post
Old 09-17-2013, 06:59 PM   #2939
AdventureBunny
Adventurer

Oddometer: 21
Quote:
Originally Posted by brazen13 View Post
Congrats on the new bike! Good stuff! I ride a 650GS and the only bike I sat on before that one was the 250 they use in the course when I got my license 3 years ago. It was a big difference and maybe it was too big of a bike to start with but that's what I had, I was determined and I still remember the moment when I realized I no longer noticed the weight!

I'm still learning a lot and have made a lot of progress in the past year. I even rented a dirt bike when I went to Hawaii - now I want one of those!

Have fun!
That's great that you were able to handle the 650GS right from the start! Sadly, I am apparently very slow to "get it". When I am riding around in the parking lot or on the dirt road behind my house I feel confident and ride well, but once I even think about getting on the road I lose it. I forget everything and panic. It's very frustrating, but I am glad to have the little bike right now because I would probably freak out even more if I had something bigger and more powerful. The boyfriend says I just have to practice a lot more until everything becomes instinctive and then I won't panic as much, so for now I will just be happy with parking lot drills until I can take the BRC.

Riding a dirt bike in Hawaii sounds amazing! You should get a dirt bike...why not?!