View Single Post
Old 09-18-2013, 08:02 PM   #97
fammdw
Adventurer

Oddometer: 55
Russell Day-Long Group Buy 2013-14

Quote:
Originally Posted by kltk1 View Post
Eh, let's wait and see what happens. I'm disappointed but have to consider how well their product works.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 4
Well here it is for what it's worth... Last year about this same time Kim told me that they were not going to do a group buy and if they decided to do one they would advertise it on their website. I was crushed and went back to the Vulcan Bagger Forum to report the bad news. I was still incredulous to the fact that they would walk away from nearly 150 committed buyers.

I put it to a vote on the forum as to whether the group members wanted to stick it out and contact RDL again in November or just scrap the list. Everyone decided to keep the group together and call them in November. It's all still on that forum if anyone is interested in reading it. It nearly mimics the news today.

I didn't call or email them at all until the first week in November. Then I gave Kim the old "hey, remember me?" call. All of a sudden the love had returned and she told me to give her a few days and she would be back in touch. She called me less than a week later and gave me the rules for the group buy to announce on the forum.

Maybe we should follow suit here...

What says the group membership reference seeing this through? I guess you guys should decide and of course kltk1 will ultimately have the final say.

I still believe, as I did this time last year that they are trying to get every last full price order they can muster while the riding season is in full swing. The word out about this group buy is hurting their immediate sales right now.

fammdw screwed with this post 09-18-2013 at 08:07 PM
fammdw is offline   Reply With Quote