View Single Post
Old 09-18-2013, 11:53 PM   #32
stan.riner OP
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 141
I've been here for a few months so I thought I would provide an update. Everything is going good. I really like it here. The food is great, we have a nice place to stay, work is fun, and the Vietnamese people are super nice. I ride my bicycle down to Van Don island and the little kids treat me like a rock star saying Hello and what not. The biggest difficulty so far is not being mobile on the weekends. I don't have my own car/driver so I'm kind of at the mercy of the the guys I share a car with.

I am actively working on that now. I just obtained my car and motorbike license and I'm trying to find a dual sport now. There's not a lot for sale and they're in Hanoi or HCM City. I'm going to get my wife a 2013 XR125. They're readily available in Hanoi for around $2,800. I have been riding a scooter around. The company won it in a drawing at the Metro (Vietnamese version of Costco). I can go around the local area now that I have my license (boss didn't want me riding it until I was legal).

Mr. Anh Wu at Offroad Vietnam has been super helpful providing advice. Viethorse (on here) has also given me some tips.

Mr. Wu told me about the XR125 and this is the picture of the new one's they're getting on his web site.

stan.riner is offline   Reply With Quote