View Single Post
Old 09-19-2013, 02:05 AM   #48
mkletecka
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 286
I LOVE GS's, and my old 2009 GS was "one of the best motorcycles" I've owned. As for the new LCGS, I can see why BMW did what they did and I think its the perfect machine for people who like to wheelie & want that feel of a bit more HP, with a smoother feeling motor. More importantly, the new LCGS has better suspension and the electronic cruise control is fantastic!!!! In short, its a beautiful/well executed machine.

However, for me (I guess I'm old school), I prefer the previous "camhead" version and because of that, and my riding style/needs I got a 2013 R1200R (which I equally like for different reasons, compared to my previous 2009 GS).

For the "real roads of life" and going through canyon roads with 15 mph to 110 mph corners with no chicken strips, my new 110 HP camhead R12R, like my previous hexhead 2009 GS will stay with and sometimes beat 600cc to 1000cc sport-bikes, therefore I have no need for the LCGS's increased HP (however, I sure wish I had its electronic cruise control and cute LCD running lights). Anyway, I guess it boils down to different strokes for different folks.

mkletecka screwed with this post 09-19-2013 at 02:26 AM
mkletecka is offline   Reply With Quote