View Single Post
Old 09-19-2013, 01:20 PM   #56
VEGASGSA
Need more Summer

Oddometer: 6,569
Quote:
Originally Posted by JetSpeed View Post
For me, the oil head boxer took some time to fall in love with, the more I rode the bike the more I liked it, the hex head was much the same except I now had experience and already loved the concept.
The new liquid cooled version is sort of the opposite, I was impressed with the smoothness and power on the initial ride home (no test ride for me) but as the miles rack up the engine becomes less of a novelty and I have to admit that during a long ride it feels like the old bike, I'd like to have my 05 back for a day now just to compare.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mav View Post
I wouldn't necessarily describe myself as a 'skillful rider'... but offroad is where I get my kicks. I've spent 8 or so hours putting myself and the latest GS through it's paces offroad. And yes, I can still do what I'm used to doing on the previous generation boxers... but that low down, tractable torque, simply isn't there on the WC engine. Combine that with the electrickery of traction control, and what would've been straightforward on my GSA or HP, is now pretty frustrating. Maybe I'm getting old and boring, but I'm not sure I need that extra power, more than I enjoy that low down pull...

I will say that the ABS is some kind of voodoo offroad
EJ 92606 is right now....
VEGASGSA is offline   Reply With Quote