View Single Post
Old 09-21-2013, 07:00 AM   #53
Åmme
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 226
Preparation

Shipped my 570 to Mongolia during winter and managed to get around 100 hours of practice during the spring and summer including a 3 day Rally east of UB, not the best result due to some navigation error day 2, but a confirmation that the knee there usable for riding.

During the winter I also overhauled a 660 Rally for my brother.

Final preparations in Ulaanbaatar 5th to 10 of August, picked up my brother Monday morning at the airport and we spent Monday and Tuesday with the final preparations of the 660 mounting trip, tires, led light etc you know all this last things you have to do as mental preparation for a rally.

Wednesday the scheduled for a test ride to find out who will use the 660 and who will use the 570, we started to cross UB city as I there having a appointment at a hospital to get a tetanus shot who is mandatory for the race, on the way in the middle of the traffic the 660 stopped at a junction with dead battery, told my brother to stay in the junction and I headed for the hospital, once back we managed to get the 660 started and headed out of UB.

We managed to get a descent test run of approximately 100 km and as I never did get the opportunity to test the 660 I assumed that my brother there happy with the bike.

Attached Images

Åmme screwed with this post 09-21-2013 at 07:11 AM
Åmme is offline   Reply With Quote