Date Built: 1904-05
Architectural Style: Neoclassical Revival
Designer: Morgan & Dillon
An act of Dec. 21, 1819 organizing Early County directed that until a courthouse was erected, county courts were to meet at the house of Richard Grimsley in the 28th district. It is not clear how long Grimsley's house served as courthouse, but in 1826 Benjamin Collier gave the county 25 acres for building a courthouse and other public buildings. A wooden courthouse was built here in 1826, followed by other structures in subsequent years. A courthouse built in 1858 served until the present building was constructed in 1906. The current courthouse was rehabilitated in 1992-93.
And a nice memorial provided by the VFW and American Legion.