Location: Cairo (pronounced "kay-row")
GPS Coordinates : 30.87858, 84.20793
Date Built: 1985
Architectural Style: Classical Revival
Designer: Jinright, Ryan and Lynn Architects
Grady County was created from Decatur and Thomas counties on Aug. 17, 1905 by an act of the General Assembly (Ga. Laws 1905, p. 54). Georgia's 139th county was named for former Atlanta Constitution editor Henry Grady, who urged Georgia farmers to diversify and end the state's economic dependence on cotton.