View Single Post
Old 09-22-2013, 05:00 PM   #65
AntiHero OP
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 888
The Coast is incredibly beautiful. Though the world has no shortage of coastlines, it's hard to get much better than this, at least for scenery.

I began to get into the swing of it. The stress of moving what I had back into storage and setting out with just a backpack (no tail bag this time) and the stress of prepping the bike and dealing with my jacked up Gilles rearset had diminished, the caravans and slow moving Priuses had dissipated, the weather was great, and I had forgot to put in earplugs, which is an aural delight on an 1199.

People from all over the world are amazed at the size of our Redwoods (hell, even we Californians are still). The Sequoias in SoCal are as big (and much, much larger than even this one), but the scale is still impressive. And some of you might recognize this scenery from Return of the Jedi. As I rolled loudly through an otherwise peaceful landscape, I kept having flashbacks of two giant logs suspended opposite each other that came crashing down like two sledgehammers into each other, crushing imperial intruders. No such Ewoks living here now, though Emeril has been known to camp here with his furry family every once in awhile.

AntiHero is offline   Reply With Quote