View Single Post
Old 09-24-2013, 03:33 AM   #123
FLARider1
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,202
Quote:
Originally Posted by DualSportDad View Post
John how much is that light? I can't remember if you have a thread on here selling them or a website.

I will admit I was thinking of changing out the 8" racelight but I ride my bike a lot at night, many times on the most fatal road in Florida and I really like the size of the headlamp for being seen. I also really like the light output with the boatman conversion. Two downsides.... The weight and the brake line is wearing into one of the upper mounts. I need to modify the hose guide.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 2
I highly recommend the windscreen and the lights. When I ride the DR650 to work in the mornings its pretty dark, most roads out where I am don't have streetlights. The light system, on low beam, blasts the road up nice. John has some videos on his vendor page here that show a night ride with and without the light system.

The windscreen made a huge difference on the bike. It no longer feels like holding on for dear life at 70mph going down the high. I am tall enough that I still catch some wind on the helmet, but thats about it, no more pushing at my chest!!! It does take a little bit to get use to because it does block little of the view right over the bars, but its just a matter of retraining where to look on the bike. Money well spent in my book!!
FLARider1 is offline   Reply With Quote