View Single Post
Old 09-24-2013, 09:15 AM   #64
mka OP
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 219
start of small report of last trip.......!!! it might be a longer rave as i took plenty of pics and i may need some rants during the process, please bear with me or reply with a polite f*ck off..........or not so polite either !
i had planned it for longer but my youngest is not at her best this last while. we thought the new pup would help her but it set everything back big time. she was totally afraid of the pup (i wanted to call her teabag but was overruled and harper was the name she got.........after harper lee !)
as a result of the problems with the puppy it had to be re-homed on a farm with other dogs, so she is very happy and things are back to a better setup in the home place. we kept her over 2 months but it was just getting worse, so off to the farm she went and very happy too !
so re booked flight away and i was like a jumpin jackrabbit to get going...............eventually after 3 hours drive from west of ireland, 3 hours flight, all the waiting, bus from airport, train to lago di como and taxi.............i had arrived, and already bucked tired...!!
never tire of this train station..............we just don't have stuff on this scale at home

so i get my stuff loaded on to bike............after checking her out..............turn key and fires first time............mega, this is always the bit i be a bit nervous over but she never lets me down..............no trickle charger no nothing.............but the more i ride the gs and the tiger the more i realise this is a bloody tractor bike.............too heavy too lumpy too much effort compared to the others...............anyways away up the road.
adrenaline time................excited.........jumpy......... .......freedom................it was hot, it was dry and it was bright...............perfect.
soon i hit Bellano on east side of lake and go right up hill and on and on up............i had in mind to do long run to border with Slovenia but i was checking out www.bestbikingroads.com and spotted these great runs all the way to lago d'iseo up near monte grigna nearly 8,000 ft up. So i am heading higher and higher and it is colling down nicely................great twisties and i can't get off the bike............or maybe i don't want to.
eventually i remember i have to record the run in some way and i dismount....................satiated after great tight turns and good inclines.

good place to take a leak..................apologies ladies if you are reading..........i would like to apologise to you personally if you are in any way offended.

loads of tunnels and bridges and waterfalls etc...........but too much fun to stop

so i am scooting through wee towns such as Primaluna, Introbio etc and the feeling is good inside..............lightening up even though my 'tractor' is heavy to the touch.
i took a wrong turn (can i really do that.............this is supposed to be by the seat of the pants.........anywhere goes etc) and met this bridge.....cool..........it had a memorial to the fallen from WWI on one side and WWII on the other...............all the young men from the town, lives wasted and forever young in their mothers eyes, in their sweethearts eyes..........never to age, to grow old, to live)

did any tears fall here, down the long way to the stream, from mothers eyes and lovers eyes....................i would think it surely must be so.

the roads are deserted and progress is great.............good sweeping bends..........great scenery..............and everything is now.

the tractor looking all clean and shiny....!!

it seems a lot of these houses are only accessible by walking but they sit on some amazing hills overlooking deep valleys, i get distracted by some of this stuff...

but the road ahead is curvy and hot and smooth.............and she's calling me onwards.................on to my inevitable doom................but i go on cos i wouldn't want anything else...!!

i must have been thinkin' too much about her curves cos this hoor passed me and i didn't even notice...........!!

believe it or not but the drop from here was pretty extreme...........it just dived off down...........not good with heights and got dizzy when too close.

these little houses are called 'rustico's' and they were used by farmers in the old days when they were up mountain in the summer grazing sheep, cattle and such. i think they were only used during months of long evenings but now get bought up and developed as holiday pads for the touristici.

getting higher now and cooler and overhanging rocks and such are great to ride under...........only got partial pics here as it was too good to stop !

tunnels cut square............!!!

sorry, smugmug is soooooooo sloooow right now................or maybe it is my connection............i'll chat ya later dudes and dudettes.........!!
mka is offline   Reply With Quote