View Single Post
Old 09-24-2013, 10:38 AM   #135
NWBoon
Adventurer

Oddometer: 69
Just joined the club

During the last weekend of August I crashed my DR650 on a forest service road which caused a fractured ankle and fibula, as well as ligament damage. 2 screws for the fractured ankle bone, 2 screws to repair the ligament, and a cast for the fibula. The doc will remove the 2 screws that were used to repair the ligament(s) in about 2 months.

First broken/fractured bones at 41 years old. I got back into motorcycle riding about 4 years ago after not riding for about 16 years. I was also introduced to dual sport riding about 2 years ago and really fell in love with riding in the wilderness.

I rode every day (street) during my college years and somehow managed to escape injury even though I was pretty reckless back then.

Question for those in this club: will my ankle/fibula be a "weak spot" or will it be as strong as before the crash after healing? If I crash again and injure the same area, will the 2 remaining screws be an issue (meaning will having metal parts contribute to more serious injury?)

NWBoon is offline   Reply With Quote