View Single Post
Old 09-24-2013, 03:58 PM   #10
trc.rhubarb OP
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,965
Bike is an 07 with 64k miles on it.
Xtraride has no info on their site and I have called several times only to sit in the phone queue hell. For the record, that number is good for sales support only... there is a secret number you have to call
Did finally get someone and it's easy enough. Just fax them the repair estimate and they get 48 hours to approve... too long, but it beats paying for the parts. Oil, bolts (like the disc bolts), locktite and other incidentals aren't covered, so I expect a few bucks out of pocket but not bad.

I'm pulling the rear wheel and FD tonight so I'll know if it's the FD or the shaft but it seems like the clicking of wheel bearing more than of a u-joint's needle bearings. I just checked both though 3 weeks ago and found no issues. It also makes more noise when weighted than when not, which leads me to think FD.

Dealer (I never use the dealer) can't see me until next Thursday, can't order parts until they take it apart and no FD's in the US according to them so up to 4 weeks. They suggest a rebuild which will take 4 hours if they have all the parts. I don't care really as long as it's fixed. What isn't clear to me is what a 'rebuild' entails. They replace everything that needs replacing... I'm not sure how they decide what is good or not. Still, free is free.