View Single Post
Old 09-25-2013, 02:28 PM   #279
mxscot
n00b

Oddometer: 9
Wicked

Hi Kevin, great to see the race pics and reports!

Now that my big adventure to the Farleigh Castle "Field of Dreams" has come and gone I've got a bit of time on my hands to update the story of my own rebuild as promised.

The frame was repaired then grit blasted and powder coated. The front forks were in a bit of a state but a good clean out and new seals and bushes and a cosmetic grit blast sorted them out.
The rear shock was sent off to Pro-Action for a re-valve job to suit me and some modern internals added. I also added a heavier progressive spring.

The cylinder bore was well worn so a re-bore was done and a new Wiseco piston went in.
The bottom end was in good nick, the gearbox and clutch were like new so I left well alone.
A full new PFR exhaust system was obtained and fitted.....along with a whole heap of new cables, plastics and bits and pieces.

I prefer the white euro style so the old yellow was binned. Even though it is a YZ465H 4V4 I always preferred the older style Yamaha speed block decals so I got the 1980 tank stickers.

Last job was getting the carburation sorted out and the bike run in ready for the Farleigh Castle Vets MXdN run over the 13 -15 September.
mxscot is offline   Reply With Quote