View Single Post
Old 09-26-2013, 08:53 AM   #103
toddiscdn
Take off, EH!

Oddometer: 1,006
Quote:
Originally Posted by h e a d n o r t h View Post
we figured out some nice sections to include in our route this weekend. Should be fun, including troutspawn rd, black creek rd, 'under the highway' (as i call it), and a bit of the colonization / old highways just west of huntsville.
Probably close to 50/50 paved / non-paved (but hopefully no worse than easy double track).
I'm happy to have a few people ride along, but as is fitting for these occasions, you 'ride your own ride' with respect to ability / speed.
There's a chance i may stop in friday night to say hello, but if not, we will likely be out saturday morning to meet up.

Not this one Ferd?
Quote:
originally posted by h e a d n o r t h view post
make sure you don't get in over your head...

This was on the 85 (or 82?) trail between novar boundary rd and old centurion. I'd ridden it a few times in previous years. This time by myself (first mistake), and i didn't walk it first (second mistake). Rear end of the bike was submerged to the rack / seat for 2 hrs before i was able to get help and retrieve her. Mosquitos were nasty.

Once pulled back onto dry land, she started right up (after draining the exhaust system and cranking for 30 seconds...).
If i get the oil changed tomorrow and find no issues, i'll ride a bit with my son this weekend. But not that stretch.
toddiscdn is online now   Reply With Quote