The morning session ends with on a high note for me. The weather has been holding out, and it seems there is little left to worry about. However, this thought should have been quelled, as I apparently have missed a key-indicator of the afternoon would deliver terror.
To relax everyone, they turn out 45 riders in the area, affectionately known as the play pen. It consists of a handful of bike games, all unscored. Do all of them, none of them, practice yogi, sleep, this is just time to have some good ‘ol GS fun.
The most fun were the big camel humps. They always say not to go flying over an unknow hill. Sure enough, this pit was bone dry when we rode it...and here it is with 3+ feet of water the next morning
The PlayPen Layout:
1. Limbo pole (ride under without knocking the pole onto the ground)
2. Circle racing (two riders start at opposite ends of the barrels. The rider to catch up to the other rider first wins (or if the other rider leaves course)
3. Ride the rut
4. Spin the rope (ride circles on the rope until it’s all the way wrapped around the pole)
5. Ride the camel humps
6. Rodeo Barrels. Here you ride up to the middle (#2) barrel. Take a bottle and put in the furthest barrel (#3). Take a bottle from the furthest barrel (#3) and put in nearest barrel (#1).
7. Ride the Plank Ride up and over the two humps and 4 wooden planks
The victory lap around the obstacles is next up...