View Single Post
Old 09-26-2013, 07:24 PM   #1818
MotoTex
Miles of Smiles

Oddometer: 1,438
Quote:
Originally Posted by quadzillabill View Post
So, is the Kaoko setup the defacto cruise control option? Anyone have something else they prefer?
I have the Kaoko, moved it over with the ProTaper bars off the KTM.

However I've read of another interesting solution that is dirt cheap, effective and you can toss without any concern.

Find an O-ring that will fit snugly between the inside portion of the grip and the housing. Put a piece of tape on it as a tab for inserting and removing it. It should be thick enough to hold the throttle, yet still allow the rider to easily turn it.

I've been using a friction throttle lock on every bike since 1986, when my K75C had a screw type available as a factory part. I ride all the time with a throttle that stays put and have become so used to it that it surprises me when the Kaoko backs off and my throttle closes when released.

This has been an issue on the occasional time when I switch bikes with a friend and forget to release it.

Give the O-ring a try and see if you like that style of riding. Just be careful to make it only just enough friction to get the job done. The throttle should still be easy to turn.

This is The Internet. Confirm for yourself anything you may see while visiting this strange and uncertain land.

MotoTex is offline   Reply With Quote