View Single Post
Old 09-26-2013, 10:44 PM   #42
Antigravity OP
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 146
Quote:
Originally Posted by visualizerent View Post
I saw your product here in the latest issue of Motorcyclist.

I have a fuel injected KTM 350 EXC-F set up for long range adventuring, even though it has a kick starter, if u leave the key on, or otherwise completely drain the battery, she won't kick start without a minimum of 9 volts to open the fuel injector.

I think about this when camping off the bike solo 100 miles from civilization.

great, lightweight solution here, plus keep the GoPro, GPS, and cell phone charged without draining the ships battery!

Juan
Nevada City, Ca.
Juan... that is a massively important point about the EFI...and the voltage needed to start vehicles now days. It is the same with many vehicles like UTVs and ATVs and those have CVT (constant variable transmisions) so you can't even bump start them anymore... It's getting to the point where you might have to carry and extra battery.

I also think they don't put big enough batteries in most bikes anymore to show they weigh less.... like the new KTMs have the YTX5s and they go bad right when you bring the bike out the door, and give the Adventures a YTZ10 size battery is silly... its and Adventure bike is should have a ton of amp hours for being out in the middle of nowhere... anyway I'm rambling..

The smallest, lightest and most POWERFUL batteries
Antigravity is offline   Reply With Quote