View Single Post
Old 09-27-2013, 06:40 AM   #70
crashmaster
ow, my balls!

Oddometer: 5,205
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brendon@TMS View Post

At the end of the day regardless of trends, we try to fill our shop with likable and knowledgeable characters to make all of you feel better about shopping locally;)
True. I buy stuff at TMS when I can. My limited experience is that everyone has been friendly and knowledgable. I really appreciate not having to talk to some "know it all dipshit" that doesn't really know shit. You can walk in and talk sport bikes, big DS bikes, dirt bikes, gear etc. with someone that actually rides and uses the stuff. Big plus IMO. I am always surprised at the stuff they have in stock, stuff I can actually use.

Brendon tried to sell me a nice Ducati Multi this summer and I would have bought it from him had I not checked my bank account and decided a used WR was more in my budget. But that "out the door with the bike for $300" pitch almost got me. But once he gets a KTM 1190 on the floor I may not be able to resist.

I appreciate that we have shops like TMS and Alaska Leather. They dont price gouge the shit out of me (unlike many other businesses up here) and I would like to see them stay in business so I support them.

As far as shop services are concerned, I always do my own work. Its my ass on the bike so the only person that will do the job to my satisfaction is me. I have the luxury of spending hours tidying everything up and making sure everything is perfect. Shop techs dont have that luxury.

Justin: what the hell are you doing in Egypt? Sounds like an adventure waiting to happen. Drop me a note when you pass by Girdwierd. Last time I saw you in Chiapas was a freakin long time ago! I'm going to wander up to the 'banks next summer on the WR and pester you.

Quote:
Originally Posted by legion View Post

I take special pleasure in not giving local car dealers my business but bikes and accessories? For me they deserve first crack. And maybe last look, depending. Unless of course they have a disingenuous but polite retard there at the shop. Then all bets are off.
Yep, feel exactly the same way.

crashmaster screwed with this post 09-27-2013 at 07:29 AM
crashmaster is offline   Reply With Quote