View Single Post
Old 09-27-2013, 04:39 PM   #1
RDT953 OP
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 275
Following the Front Wheel- Postie Bike Ride

As suggested in the title, this is a ride with minimal planning in regards to route and schedule.
The intention is to get my bike from Darwin to Dili for a ride around and through Timor-Leste and then head to Western Timor (Indonesia) to take a ferry from Kupang to Flores.
As I write this I'm waiting for a phone call from Toll Marine, the shipping company to tell me to come and collect my bike. So far I'm just under one month behind my intended start date due to delays in shipping. I'm learning very early that not having a fixed schedule is a definite advantage in this part of the world.
Postie Bike should have been here in Dili after; several previous delays on the 23rd so I flew over on the 24th with the intention of collecting it the next day. If I manage to collect it today I'll be very happy.

Introducing Postie Bike.

Adventure Ready photo temporary-1.jpg

I'm at Timor Backpackers with Hemuli, who is on his own adventure RTW on a slightly larger bike, he's waiting for his bike to go in the opposite direction.

I'll update as often as I can and try to keep the RR interesting with lots of pics rather than lots of words.