View Single Post
Old 09-28-2013, 12:35 AM   #68
Åmme
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 218
Day 3,

Special 530 km
Transport 40 km

Wow the first part of the stage to RCP must have been the stage of my life, absolutely stunning surrounding, small valleys a lot of small river crossings with crystal clear water, spot on navigation.

Today we started with reversed start order and just before the climb to Sugawara pass at 3000 meter I found my brother behind me and we stayed together to RCP who there located at a gas station during fueling of the 660 the power dropped and they started up a generator who also run out of fuel, some chaos before a rumor told us that another gas station across the village there open and we made it back to starting time.

Afternoon there really hot and we stayed together most of the stage, unfortunately did we again manage to make a navigation mistake close to a lake and we lost 15-20 minutes on that mistake, made another smaller mistake closer to finish line and lost additional time.

Made a effort at the end of the stage to pull a gap to brother but managed only 52 sek and lost the stage with 8 seconds, this last effort made me totally exhausted and during the last transport of 40 km I where really suffering once in the bivouac we needed to wait for luggage truck to late night and we did bike service in longjohns must been a exotic view for the locals.

29 bikes out of 40 are still in the competition.
Brother 6 position in total and I just behind him in 7th position.
Åmme is offline   Reply With Quote