View Single Post
Old 09-28-2013, 09:44 AM   #67
mka OP
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 200
after a long and turbulent night dawn eventually rose on me..................and i felt good as the sun shone in the windows.
having dispensed with last nights merriment and such i headed down for a bit to eat by which time it was f**king raining and coming down hard............i suppose it took a long time for dawn to come and i didn't notice the clouds gathering.
so i spent what felt like a day and a half putting on the wet gear...........cursing......sweating..........fall ing over...........cursing again...........you get the drift.
eventually off and up the road...............it was so bloody overcast by now................crap !
this is near Marone.............would be better if sun shone through

i had a long spin today, give or take 700 km thru aoutostradas and over passes and through borders............and it was already 9 am..............blame dawn.
so down along east side of the lake d'Iseo i meandered.................head slowly clearing...........remembering things i would have preferred not to remember and forgetting the good stuff i bet.
as it was a sunday morning i doffed my cap to nearest church, i didn't go in as i was in a hurry and anyways cos jepus (see homer simpson) rides with me.........!!

some islands in the small lake would have been cool to visit too...!!

again pics are crap - blame it on the weather please

so now for big jaunt south and east........at least 10 minutes ride............next stop would be..........!!
a petrol station.........!!!

no just joking, next stop would be....................!!!!
slovenia............!!! or as i explained to my kids trannnssssllllooooovvvveeeeennnniiiiiaaaaaaaaaaa.. .........!! (after the movie you see)

so i had to say gooodybye to the land of my hearts desire.........!!

it was ating time at the zoo by now.................so just fifty yards up the road i skipped into an ating house...............slovenian style...........!!!
so what did i order.................what any self respecting nobhead would order...............some calamari..............!!! hahahaha
out comes this plateful.............wtf, or more wilfully put WTF..........!!

i also ordered a plate of popeye stuff..................!!!! hahahahaha
out comes a whole years supply of spinachio.................!!!

these were local delights and I always believe in trying all the local delights..................but honest to god i fell into the plate of spinach and had to be rescued by a very cute local delight waitress.............who couldn't help but laugh at me..............as she suggested the feckin' food in the first place..............!!!!
i did my best for her, i truly did, but i couldn't get to the bottom of it.............i squeezed lemons on it...............i poured olive oil on it.........she told me not to be putting oil or lemons on it....!!!.........but eventually i had to tell her i was finished...............she looked at me and smiled..............you foreigners are not real men merely boys her brown eyes were telling me............nevertheless i stared deep into her brown, brown eyes and asked her for a coffee and something sweet if she could manage it..............!!!
all i got was the coffee............!!! hahahahahaha

the something sweet was coming as i was heading for the door and it would not have been polite to refuse..............so.............i was polite....!!
having said our goodbyes.............i headed up the road, quite literally, up hill all the way.................amazing scenery............beautiful..........as explained before i was trying to take in the routes from www.bestbikingroads.com in order to get a true sense of where i was etc etc and not to get bored rigid to tell the truth...!!
Slovenia was looking good so far....................still dull but dry for now...................hahahahahahaha.............. this would not remain so............!!!
lots of trees here and some cool enough straight roads..................novelty for me, so i had to take some pictures....!

i look at life from both sides now, from up above and then somehow.................puke

i was heading towards a town called Bovec and hopefully the Vrsjic pass soon after.
went through this wee town but sky was like a dogs arse by now.

i was pulled over by the local police here...............i think they wanted to know why i couldn't finish my spinach..........i tried to explain but they left feeling a bit bewildered i believe..............i felt a bit bewildered myself cos no f**kin way would you get pulled over in Ireland for not eating your greens....!!!

by now i'm heading uphill and great bends are opening out their arms to greet me.............amazing place this Slovenia..............good roads too.
but it's starting to rain.......and it's like irish rain.................the f**king kind of rain that has no off button...................bollox..............relax and take the way man i say to myself...........it is wot it is...............it's is luvly really..............yeah..............much better now.

at both sides now....................puke

and the tractor in the rain...........!!

but i was getting glimpses of a river near the road................not the colour of water in my part of the world.....!!

some unusual signs on road side too...!
the small building, it turned out was not a toilet at all but a place for holy statues and candles and such stuff.

i am sorry but i gotta go....................this bloody itch is back and it's driving me nuts...................it's driving me nuts................it's driving me nuts...........and the f**king doctor even gave me a repeat prescription..............!!
meet you on the flip side
mka is offline   Reply With Quote