Talbotton was the site for the first session of the Georgia Supreme Court.
Date Built: 1892
Architectural Style: Queen Anne
Designer: Bruce & Morgan
Likely, Talbot County business and court sessions initially were conducted at private houses. Reportedly, a brick courthouse was built in Talbotton in 1831. Evidence of this building is found in James Silk Buckingham's 1839 diary, where he records seeing "a good brick court-house" in Talbotton. The building burned in early 1892, and the present courthouse was completed later that year