View Single Post
Old 09-29-2013, 09:02 PM   #88
jub jub OP
frumiousbandersnatch

Oddometer: 12,370
Quote:
Originally Posted by tsimmons View Post
looks like you got a few yourself......

I enjoyed getting above the fall line. The elevation lines start getting a little closer together up that way! I haven't decided if I'll be north or south of the 33rd parallel this weekend. I think there is a threat of rain starting saturday. Last week's ride included over an hour in heavy rain as I returned to the house after getting the courthouses. I try to keep that sort of thing to a minimum (especially when I can't be bothered to stop and put on the rain gear).

I've learned more Georgia history in the last few weeks than ever before.
It's a good learning experience, that's for sure.

It's strange to think it took me all these years to want to learn something about Georgia's history. I use to drive through these towns years ago sitting in my car and I could have cared less about what went on years ago. Somehow, being on the bike has brought about a new appreciation for things other than my immediate surroundings. I can't really explain it, but I like it!

Travis, let's get together sometime.

61 down, only 98 left to go!

EDIT: Had to add some file photos on a couple. For some reason I was thinking Federal Buildings were the same as county. Duhh. Being on the bike for hours must have dulled the senses. I'll have to make the trip back to Athens and Gainesville so I can capture the real deal, not a mistake I'll make twice.

jub jub screwed with this post 09-30-2013 at 11:09 AM
jub jub is offline   Reply With Quote