View Single Post
Old 09-29-2013, 09:09 PM   #97
AntiHero OP
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 912
Met up with one very cool dude from Episode 1. He'd moved from San Diego to Whidbey and was deploying soon, so I cut my time in Portland short and headed up to Seattle. He knew a great sushi place and, clearly, I hadn't been eating very well ;), and nothing succeeds like excess (this was about half of what we ordered):

After that, we headed to the gum wall for some dessert:

Then we just rode around terrorizing tourists and stunning locals with booming pipes 'fore stopping for a train.

This storage place rotating-color-lights, which was kind of a cool, opportune backdrop-and-light-stage all in one.

Not even sure how to describe the night better than the following picture does. Without any real purpose, we relaxed into momentary 'passivity', turning down alleys, riding 'lost', absorbing the lights, the sounds, the night air. We had an indifference to purpose. A moment before we were somewhere else and in a moment, somewhere after, but the 'now' was all that really mattered. It was as if we were trapped in an Asahi 'drink responsibly' ad, only without the women in the background peering curiously.

AntiHero screwed with this post 09-29-2013 at 09:18 PM
AntiHero is offline   Reply With Quote