the rain rain rain came down down down
in rushing rising riv'lets
till the river crept out of its bed
and crept right into piglets !

and the rain rain rain came down down down
so piglet started bailing
he was unaware, while atop his chair,
while bailing he was sailing !

brilliant................fresh clean water...................all around....................and rivers flowing........................and sap rising.....................all it always being now !!
and Homer came to mind and jepus and i stopped near a church to cleanse myself in a spiritual way................and here it seems they have big time for the .......
............ pelican .........!! maybe the eyesight is going but it looks like a pelican on the clock face.................... in trannnslllllooooooooooovveniiiiaaaaaaaaa ??
hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm ??

stopped again.......pics of country life in the hills.......!!

i was standing around breathing in the cool clean air when a wee man with fe*k all teeth stuck his head out of this hole and started to sing !!
i missed him with the camera but got his hole at least !

this place is for sale...............not in the best condition but it seems lots of this stuff being done up..........interested ? ........ commission ???

little old piglet was saved cos it finally stopped raining !! nice town of Bovec............seems central in the triglav national park.............v v v nice area !!

and soon it was back to this sort of thing...............very distracting when on slippy roads..............it's like seeing a lady from behind............it's instinct.......you've just gotta look...!!

stopped again going uphill ...... road seemed to skirt along this river most of the way up ......... i think it is called the Soca river..........and piglet was bailing again as the heavens opened................this little flower was being pasted but smiled on anyways.............!!

and there was a cool bridge across which was fun to jump on as it was really wobbly.............i considered bringing the bike over it but hadn't the balls............how would i explain it if i had to walk back home ? ............ so i just ran over and back wobblying like mad !!

the bike was behaving itself and i had my wet gear on............before when i had the wet gear on after many hours the water would find it's way up and into my boots so this time i had brought gators/gaitors..............things you attach to your legs and zip up................whatever ............ these things worked brilliantly...........highly recommended for long term rain use.......!!

another flower , just for you !

the river was flowing fast and it was very noisy............i couldn't hear myself think...............so i quit thinking..............and enjoyed it all the more..........!!

so it was the Soca..........!!

in all this time...........i had only run into the toothless singing man..................no one was out and about...............too wet i suppose..............but it felt lonesome as there were no cars or bikes either................just me and piglet doing our thing.............!!! sad bastards...........hahahaahaha..........!!! blah blah blah
i was parting company with the cool river and looking down easier as the twists had started ............ quick pic of road below

it was good crack getting this unbalanced tractor round the bends at speed trying not to slip around too much while the mentally unbalanced rider kept looking off into the distance for some form, any form of life..............nope..................nothing

and of course the road ahead.............it's always on front of you...............!!!

the brain is asking me 'what is your biggest life regret...............??' WTF..................i don't need this shit...............i'm working here...............!!
with lots of this...........!!

bits of that.............!!

and some of the other.......................!!

i finally made it to Vrsjic pass...................no big deal really..........nice run up even in the rain............very scenic......

it's a bit strange as in most mountainous pass areas they put a number to mark each switchback........same here............except they start at bottom of one end and end at bottom of other end.............1 2 3 4 5 etc all the way to the top eg 88 and down the other side 89 90 91 92 93 etc..............?? wasn't sure about this.........because i was going up the down way (?!!) i thought top would be 0 not 28................disappointed not more switchbacks but not gettin upset !
so on way down.............every corner has all new surface.............perfect in the rain too..............!! ??

shlip slidin', shlip slidin' away...............near your destination..........shlip slidin' away...........
lonesome spot

and a way's down too

gotta run.............me granny wants me to feed the hens..............!!
mka is offline   Reply With Quote