View Single Post
Old 09-30-2013, 12:57 PM   #83
BigDogAdventures OP
Fart Letter

Oddometer: 4,886
More Day 2

I was wearing a FLY helmet, and KLIM Badlands pro suit on this ride. With a KLIM NacPak on my back.

Bill Asher (Bash3r) had never ridden in Utah and was estatic.

Somewhere out on the Indian reservation I had picked up this feather------------after getting home it's still riding there.

Today we veered off the designated UTBDR to visit "Dingweeds Adventure Ranch"

I wasn't sure how much to say about this place---but Dingweeds has told---he is trying to by this place--and it's kind of in Limbo---but he's been using the place while the wheels of legalities slowly turn.
We had to skip Lockhart Basin to do this----but I was certainly OK with that as I had ridden that back in 2002 I think.
And we were treated like Kings at the ranch.

There's is no cell service here---no TV service---no electricity---no water---no visible power lines anywhere
and lots of varmits running around. Rattlesnakes, coyotes, elk, deer, ---all kind of critters.

80 acres of get away from it all bliss---and it is right on the Trans America Trail.

This place is off the grid -------but actually does have water from a well.

Really neat bath house---it has a seperate mens and womens bathroom with a wood fired hot tub in the middle.
It was a bit warm that night---and most of us slept outside on the deck of the bath house----there were no bugs and
the night sky was awesome.

There are several canvas walled cabins for your sleeping pleasure.

And if the shower house is too fancy for you----out back is a gravity fed shower.
This is actually what the workers used while building this place.

Well-------I kind of fibbed about the electricity---the whole place has 110 volt power---but it comes from a bank of batteries charged
by this solar panel. I couldn't believe just these 2 panels powered everything.
This also powers a well pump to provide water to the whole place.

A fridge---freezer, microwave and clothes washer were no problem for the electric system.
Rick---the fellow with the handlebar mustache cooked our dinner and it was awesome.
Big steaks and a salad.

Don't tell my wife I can wash dishes.

Every room at the ranch had propane heat-------and a woodstove.
The gun I'm holding is available at www.bugasalt.com I think.
It shoots salt as buckshot---and is a very effective fly killer. I had a lot of fun with that thing and bought my son one for his birthday after the trip.

One unhappy fly--------there were many.
I was an easy man to track-----left dead bodies wherever I went (Josey Wales)

A rough map of our route for the day-----about 139 miles I think.

2013 Husky 650 TR650 Terra
BigDogAdventures is offline   Reply With Quote