View Single Post
Old 09-30-2013, 09:23 PM   #15
mikeysduck
Slow Ride to Nowhere

Oddometer: 220
About 6 weeks ago, I saw a 2009 Honda rebel, that's a 250cc twin, with 76,000 miles. I listened to it run and it sounded like it was just pulled off the show room floor. It was a daily rider that rarely, if ever, saw the inside of a garage. The owner claimed it didn't burn oil, and he rides it on the freeway. Yes it's an older motor design, but I suspect a typical example of most reasonably maintained Hondas.

I have a BMW 650 single. It provides an instantaneous thrill when you twist the throttle, and it gets 55 MPG under throttle abuse. Folks put tens of thousands of miles on this model of German pride. You better believe there is a list of well known issues that go along with ownership. Fortunately I haven't experienced any of them.

If you buy Japanese you better like it. You most likely will tire of it, before it dies. I like my Japanese bikes. I don't worry if I'll make it back home, what's going to fail, if I'll be able to fix it myself.

14 R1200RT 09 KTM 450 EXCR 75 Norton 850 E-Start It's going to run. I swear! 69 Z-50A Mini Trail with Lights 03 GasGas 280 Pro 03 CRF 230
mikeysduck is offline   Reply With Quote