View Single Post
Old 10-01-2013, 02:05 PM   #6
iyaoyas98
Bored Silly

Oddometer: 6,484
Quote:
Originally Posted by KillerD View Post
As I sit here in a waist high bath recovering from a riders worst nightmare (ass surgery) I find myself with ample time to waist on the ol' forums. So here goes:

I currently ride a fairly well outfitted '08 KLR. I'm about 2k away from being 100% adventure worthy, I.e. New suspension and some luggage. My last bike was a brand new 09' Triumph Daytona 675 with a bit of kit. Yeah, little but of a departure.

I sold the Daytona mostly for financial reasons, but also I just didn't have the time or weather here in the Willamette Valley to do it justice. 20k or so KLR miles later I miss the hell out of going fast. So much so that my buddies Ninja 650R seemed like a race bike to me last time I hopped on it. Herein lies the question: how many of you have experienced the same single cylinder blues and what did you do about it? Replace your current dual with something like a Tiger800xc or Beemer F800GS? Or did you decide to keep the KLR-DR-XR what have you and get a second bike for the fast stuff?

Right now I'm leaning towards dedicating the KLR as my on/off road adventure rig, and investing in something like the hideous as it is fun street triple. For those that went a similar path did you find one bike ended up gathering dust? If you went the one bike route did the high tech larger adv bike disappoint on the more difficult trails? Or the twisites for that matter? For the record, I currently commute, and ride a lot of shotgun OHV type trails on the KLR. Love the gravel and exploring single tracks but definitely want the ability to do some serious multi-day adventure trips. Cheers!
To answer your question, nope.

I'd rather dedicate a weekend to riding either dirt or street and have the best tool for the job. That's not to say my dirtbike (WR426) hasn't seen the interstate, and my streetbike (Speed Triple) hasn't seen gravel, but you get the idea.

I do alot more street in the hot months, and go wrestle in the woods when it cools off. Works for me.

iyaoyas98 screwed with this post 10-01-2013 at 02:21 PM
iyaoyas98 is online now   Reply With Quote