View Single Post
Old 10-02-2013, 10:51 AM   #69
mka OP
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 264
can you believe it ........... the hens are laying eggs with no shells.............. amazing................what's goin' on with that..............???
and granny has more hens than teeth..................!!!
as the old saying goes.............'as rare as hens teeth......!!'
the agricutlural man came down to the farm to check the shell-less eggs and he's away off now scratching his head......??!!!
i'll keep you updated on events down on the farm as i know your inquiring minds will be on the edge of your seats with anticipation of the situation at hand....!!!
so....anyways.............after slipping down the other side of the hill..........i had planned to go towards Lake Bled............. so i did go towards...
here i shed a tear for parnell (strained the spuds...........drained the lizard..........you get the drift)(history buffs checkout charles stuart parnell-home rule etc)

and climbed all the way up on the saddle again............great run to the lake.......simple..............close by.
dis be da lake and castle too

i was mouldy with the hunger by now......wanted somethin' sweet and on a plate....use of knife or fork would be optional.
i explained my case to the waiter i found and fair fucks to him he rustled up a good one.............a local delicacy he said............just get me a fork i said and we left the niceties at the door..............he could see my point when i asked for 'same again boss'.........indeed he seemed a might impressed and asked to take my photo............i was confused and thought he wanted to take a photo of the cake...........so i said ok................then he gets his camera and points it at me.................i told him to shove his fu*kin camera up his translovenain hole..............i think he got the picture (!!) cos he politely removed both himself and camera from the immediate vicinity................!!!
maybe it didn't happen quite like that but then again maybe it did !
and here's the culprit/evidence

the cakes were very good.........coffee was mega and my sugar balance was restored.......so much so...........i went in to apologise to the waiter......he headed out the back door.....i followed and finally got to him....................all was well..........many laughs.........smiles................handshakes... .........big tip..........!!!
very nice place...............highly recommended and if there take note of any camera situations which may arise

it is even bike friendly....see sign left of photo............but this may have been removed after my chat with the waiter !

and another of the really good restaurant with extremely patient staff..........!!

ok now some of Lake Bled..............overcast and dull too.......but your intrepid reporter did his duty anyways

praise jepus

an caislean mor

an caislean mor..........from a distance

green green green

people out and about

have to admit it....................Slovenia is very pretty place.............perfectly formed...............outdoorsy kinda place...............good people too !!
cool boats just bobbing around by the edge......i think you can't just take them yourself.........but rent them............i went on one and things didn't work out the best as i thought you just went out on your own or with a cailin deas (pretty girl) and made waves etc................but no..............that's not how it works here......!!

i was watching this boat just in case of any funny business........but all was well............. i could relax........!!

local buses

one last look at the funny boats.........i was thinking of next stop........Ljubljana.............so better get my skates on..........!!!

lots of thoughts going on at this stage.................blood sugar coursing through my veins..........girls out walking............all that jazz too...........i can't do much damage if i'm on the bike...............so that's where i parked myself................up the road
Ljubljana...............by the time i got there...........i was tired and cake had worn off...............no pics..............not much remarkable in my braincells either..............some nice crossroads in city centre................but as soon as i was there i was thinking of being somewhere else............!!??
i had read of good biking roads going south to Croatia.................so i made like a bee for them..............yahoooooooooooo...........good choice
Postojna area ...................Jelsane ............too good to stop.............sorry no pics
petrol/gas so all you get is a pic of the petrol/gas station..............hahahahahaha...........!!

i eventually pulled in at what looked like a likely spot to meet locals.................there was a pig or something of that size being roasted on what looked like a communal spit in the village..................good pub.................big sinky bed....................great company................soft gentle busty ladies...........great beer...............oh the night was good and we got on without any language barriers.............multilingual........or does it start with a c..............great night all round............soft bed...........oh i already mentioned that...............great food.................maggoty head next morning as the local brew is very heady it seems..............camera battery was bucked .......hahahahaha................!!
mka is offline   Reply With Quote