View Single Post
Old 10-02-2013, 01:09 PM   #30
garnaro OP
MotoBlunderer

Oddometer: 245
Eek

Sorry guys no good updates - managed drop my wallet with all bank card and DL on the connecting plane that went to Jackson Hole, WY. Great start eh? Luckily the Airline FedExed to London and I've collected - France HO!

Quote:
Originally Posted by stoke View Post
Quitting your job in your mid thirties, ditching girlfriend, friends, living situation, taking a YEAR (roughly) to explore the wildest parts of the world and hunt for waves...epic.

My hat's off to you. It takes bigger balls to do this at your age than if you're 18-25. Guys that worked hard that are in their mid to late thirties or older have much more invested in their lives. Just a fact-they've had much more time to set shit up. By default, they're more invested in what's going on.

Harder to pull the plug.

Source? I'm 35 and been to 33+ countries before being 35. Other source? I surf, a lot. Have all over the world. Surfing and motorcycling are very similar. The two compliment each other more than anyone would think.

Traveled North Africa and Southeast Asia before I was 23. Lived in Australia, Costa Rica, Mexico. Worked overseas for years. Hell, worked on the ocean for years. Port to port.

For someone to just call it, pack up, say f-it and ride a motorcycle through some of the most intense areas of the world with a surfboard is no fucking joke.

I love this ride report.

PLEASE keep posting.

I am subscribed.

thanks for the shout Stoke..

When I was 24 surfing in Morocco most guys were in the 20-25 range. One guy, great surfer from west Aussie named Scott was about 36 and he always seemed really quick to launch into a detailed explanation of what he was doing there for months on end without much prompting. I never would have even thought to ask - he was a surfer, same as us, and I never understood his perceived need to explain himself. Funny, now I very much do understand: he packed it from home!

No question that its harder to huck into the abyss a decade later - it feels like I was a different guy who marauded about looking for waves at 22.

garnaro screwed with this post 10-02-2013 at 01:15 PM
garnaro is offline   Reply With Quote