View Single Post
Old 10-02-2013, 01:58 PM   #66
Dorito OP
Dreamer and Doer

Oddometer: 4,758
I get to the finish line, and feel a bit relieved. In one sense, at least my bike isn’t in the bike of flooded out ones and yet someone also isn’t in a bucket of broken parts. In another sense, I now reflect on what could have been. Certainly not my best showing this weekend, but I’ll live to tell another tale.

I watch a few of the riders wallow like a pig in the water trough. With that, the rain is picking up and it’s time to get back to load out. I am greeted by friendly, J4S and Blaster. We load up the bikes, change clothes and head over to the check point tent.

The unfortunate part is we’ve now collided the time table the other direction. We’ve finished 1.5 hours before the dinner bell, and final scores. It’s clear I have no worries about riding in the top 10 on Sunday. However, J4S was in the running, and Blaster has certainly moved up. So we wait again.

Dinner is served (Carolina BBQ) earlier, and boy is it a welcome distraction...comfort food.

Coleslaw

Blaster never found a cookie he didn't love.

Note to self: Baked beans are not photogenic!

Pulled Pork

Smoked Chicken

Jalapeno Cornbread

Peach Cobbler. Mostly missing indicates it was barely editable (or rather they inhaled it!)

Nothing like a really bad dinner guest. Mother nature was a witch! A tent is no place in a thunder storm...as a river runs through us!

Apparently, the boys' like have a nice post-dinner interlude. Here Neale Bayle entertains them with the day's splashes and crashes, as they eagerly await the final finale-the top 12 riders whom will advance to tommorrow.

Dorito screwed with this post 10-03-2013 at 05:15 AM
Dorito is offline   Reply With Quote