View Single Post
Old 10-03-2013, 02:12 PM   #18
Moto-Kafe OP
Gnarly Entre-manure

Oddometer: 502
Quote:
Originally Posted by WaywardSon View Post
This will be my fourth trip down in the last 5 years & always have a good time. My riding buddy will not camp so we are moteling it at a Day's Inn just outside I-459 on Hwy 280. I've stayed at this place in the past...it's "OK" and the price is right, but traffic on 280 is a damn nightmare. Any locals here able to recommend something else?

Hope to drop by the campground and meet a few inmates.
Wayward..........you are correct, 280 traffic bites. I live 6 miles from the "Colon-aid" at 459. You could try The Hampton Inn at Lee Branch (just behind the Carmike 15 theaters)........further south on 280, right before you "go up Double-Oak Mtn". You can get to Barber's the back way by taking hiway 119, then Grants Mill Road, hang a right onto Rex Lake Road which is the road Barber is located on......and it will allow you to stay away from 280 pretty much. The good part about 280 is that it has plenty of eateries/nightlife.....and it's higher-income housing out there, which keeps the riff-raff away. On the brightside.......I believe the Day's Inn is near "The Titlted Kilt", right???
Moto-Kafe is offline   Reply With Quote