GPS Coordinates: 30.83881, 83.98177
Date Built: 1858, remodeled 1888
Architectural Style: Greek Revival (1858), Classical/Victorian elements added 1888
Designer: John Wind (1858), unknown (1888 remodeling)
The legislation creating Thomas County provided that superior and inferior courts initially would be held in the house of Charles Kingsley. Reportedly, a log cabin was subsequently built in Thomasville to serve as the county's first courthouse. This simple structure was followed by a larger courthouse, presumably built of wood. The present courthouse -- a three-story brick building -- was originally constructed in 1858. It underwent a major remodeling in 1888, with subsequent renovations in 1909, 1918, 1922, and 1937.