View Single Post
Old 10-07-2013, 08:15 AM   #114
hayasakiman OP
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 159
Quote:
Originally Posted by gizmo309 View Post
I think you're doing better than you think- the tank only holds 1.8 gallons. If you ran it dry you'd still be getting 77.78 mpg. 140 divided by 1.8. I fill it to the bottom of the bar in the tank each time. You're probably in the same area as we are gas mileage wise.

bob
You were right about my MPG. I had done a calculation the other day. I am getting about 84 MPG on my commute, it seems, mostly 45 to 50 MPH on one leg and 40 to 45 on the other leg.

Quote:
Originally Posted by cheap bastard View Post
Fuel consumption with my Riva has been 75-85 mpg depending on how much use in town. A 150 mile trip through the countryside with only a few stop signs resulted in 100 plus mpg while moving along at extended runs of 55mph. The trip was mostly through hilly Rock and Green counties in Wisconsin. The tyre pressures were in the 39psi range. Fuel was 93 octane and the bike has a wind screen. There were Riva power cutting events as there always are if it gets run over 55mph for long runs.
Service manual calls for 21 psi and 28 psi for up to 198 lbs. 43 on back if you are loading between 198 to 370 lbs.
I had tires inflated up to 44 psi (front and back) from a bike shop where a tech done my tire change. It made the scoot so unstable, made me scared.

I think if you change your vac operated petcock to manual petcock, you'll eliminate that power loss issue. I had the same issue till I did the change over on mine.

hayasakiman screwed with this post 10-07-2013 at 10:46 AM
hayasakiman is offline   Reply With Quote