View Single Post
Old 10-07-2013, 10:07 AM   #26
doyle
RallyRaidReview-ing

Oddometer: 23,004
Quote:
Originally Posted by charapa View Post
And talking about interesting... What does Etienne mean by the hints dropped in this little write-up (I won't give the translation because that even can ccause more confussion!):

"En otro momento, aseguró que el Perú está dentro de los futuros proyectos ligados al Dakar, tanto el Desafío Inca del próximo año, como para los planificados el 2015 y 2016.

El espíritu de la competencia es que setrata de un evento nómade desde su primera edición, cada año cambiaremos la filosofía del recorrido. Gustamos mucho de la idea de volver al Perú y descubrir nuevos países como Ecuador y Colombia”, precisó."

from the article: http://www.andina.com.pe/Espanol/not...x#.UlK6MFPl1CM
I don't think it's much different than what Lavigne has been stating for some time, that the route and the countries involved will vary from year to year. Peru being out does not necessarily sign the death knell for all future years. I like that approach, it keeps the local organizers on their toes a bit and keeps them from becoming complacent by assuming that they are irreplaceable. Perhaps some time in the future it could be a full loop around the whole of South America.