View Single Post
Old 10-07-2013, 02:16 PM   #55
tuffenuff OP
a.k.a. "Tiny Dancer"

Oddometer: 133
Passed Out In CO & Washed Up In UT! Big Bikes Conquer The Elements Of The West!

--------------------------------------------------
DAY 4 Continued: Telluride to Lake City (COBDR)
--------------------------------------------------

The Back-to-Back-to-Back-to-Back-to-Back-to-Back Passes Day!

Having had our fill of much needed rest and snacks (jerky, cliff bars, apples & oranges) and lots of water... we were ready to conquer the rest of what COBDR had to offer...

We continued on Corksrew, the climb that seemed to never end. Right from the start, the climb just kept going and going and going and...

Corkscrew video from Mike's GoPro, en route:
A little confession (shhh... don't tell Jeremy I told you )... @ 0:49 of the video there's a reason why I am off the bike...
So he went right at the fork and ended up in front of a bathroom building. We didn't know what it was at the time so he stopped to check it out,
but when he put his foot down, the ground was lower than he thought and it was very sandy... next thing you know...
Our second tip over... this time, I lost my footing in the sand and I hit the ground. It was soft. It was so silly, we both had a good laugh.
I had to help him get the bike up... and me being 4'11" and 90 lbs and wearing gear that weighed the same if not more than my weight --- dayum!!!! --- DA BIKE IS H-E-A-V-Y!
I must have lost 5 lbs helping him get the bike upright!

W.O.W. Finally, we reached the summit where you are treated with more amazing vistas!
The weather being overcast was perfect. We had a few drizzles here and there, but it was neither raining hard nor hot.

Can you find Russ?
With the clouds continuing to loom above us, we got back on our bikes and pressed on with our ride, en route to Hurricane Pass...

Video from Mike's GoPro, after Corkscrew:

We reached another summit! The views keep getting better and better!

California Pass and Cinnamon Pass to go!
First Long ADV Ride, 09/07: Passed Out In CO & Washed Up In UT (COBDR & UTBDR)

tuffenuff screwed with this post 10-07-2013 at 05:44 PM Reason: moved one video to another post
tuffenuff is offline   Reply With Quote