View Single Post
Old 10-07-2013, 04:51 PM   #53
Idahosam OP
Set Adrift

Oddometer: 4,110
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ladybug0048 View Post
I'm enjoying your report even if it's isn't full of climbing mountains, I like seeing the other things out there too. The Atlas ICBM Hwy, is interesting. Thanks for posting the links.

When I saw the picture of the cotton field it reminded me of the first time I saw a cotton field. I was so in awe of what I was seeing I stopped along side of the road and walked into the field so I could touch and feel cotton on it's plant. Everyday things for some people are new and exciting for others.
Thanks LB, nice to see your keeping tabs on me. What I thought was cool is the truck dropping off those huge compressed bails of cotton and the Gins for processing.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheAdmiral View Post
I've never seen a cotton field in person. Must be awesome in person. Have to agree with Ladybug, enjoying the neat photo's of the old town's and things in the town's even when they ain't in the forest.
Admiral, I rode along back roads with cotton fields on both sides of me for about 30 miles, what is missing from the pictures is the heavy humidity hanging in the air and the songs of thousands of Cicada's all around you.

To travel is to discover that everyone is wrong about other countries.
Aldous Huxley
Idahosam is offline   Reply With Quote