View Single Post
Old 10-08-2013, 04:48 PM   #38
AdventurePoser
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,964
Musings of a Moto Tourist

Hey everyone, I'm the “& Co” in this ride report, and I've been on the road with Jackie and Valentino for a week now and it's been an adventure in every sense of the word.. J&V are quality people in every sense of the word, and I've learned a lot from them already, especially about the nature of travel outside the USA and Canada. The great thing is, I'm going to learn a lot more.

I've been dreaming of this ride for a long time, yet honestly speaking, there have been many moments, especially early in the morning, when I still feel apprehension. Is it homesickness? Tech problems with the computer Fear of the unknown? Wondering if my girlfriend will remember me when I return? Who knows?

So the way to do a six month moto journey is the same way you eat an elephant, and that is one bite at a time. So with that, my friends, I hope you enjoy the pix and comments as I chime in on J&V's ride report.

Crossing the border was simple and the paperwork was easy-mostly because Jackie is a world-class fixer who speaks impeccable Spanish, and because the Aduana was deserted. I'm sure if we'd been there with a horde of people, it wouldn't have been so painless!

Once we'd cleared the border, it was east and then south thru the State of Chihuahua. Wide open spaces, vistas that went on forever, broken up by the occasional sleepy town....

Well, first things first...here are my traveling partners...

Watch out for these big boys...the road from Chihuahua to the US border is pretty busy!

Along the way, lots of small towns. Here is Valentino making some new friends...

Yes, the GSAs DID fit behind those doors...

We spent a couple of days hanging out in Hidalgo Parral. Pretty cool little town with a nice town square. Check out my room...$20 buys you a view of the city and a very noisy ceiling fan!

Here's a good thing about Mexico:

The evening in Parral...

A very persistent businessman...

Parral is a small town with some beautiful buildings!

More pix soon!

AdventurePoser screwed with this post 03-26-2014 at 10:26 AM
AdventurePoser is offline   Reply With Quote