View Single Post
Old 10-08-2013, 05:12 PM   #56
ybracing
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 617
Massacre

First off let me say that I did not bring the cable needed to download the few pictures that I took. So, this is going to be one of those boring no picture post. Consider yourself warned!
It all started about a year ago when I got the bright idea to ride to Patagonia Arizona and back from Phoenix. I formulated a plan, drew it on the digital paper map and calculated time, distance and severity of the adventure. The next step was to find some fool to ride this ambitious one-day route with me. Immediately I thought of Drew (Reidy008). We started early and by 5 PM we were only half way there and me with ignition trouble with my trusty 950. It was time to bail and shelve this one for later. We decided it would be a great two-day ride. Later Drew concluded that he should finish the route going backwards so he thought “what fool would go with me on this ride?” I was unavailable so he immediately thought of Steve (AZRedline). They set out early and completed the second half of the ride in one long day. Drew called me and explained why it would be better to run it backwards so the only thing left was to invite more fools to ride with us. Invitations went out and I was surprised we had 8 hearty souls and, two daredevils in a Raptor to go with us. A date was set and after a lot of e-mails and anticipation the start approached. We met at the Waffle House off hwy 60 and South Idaho. Let the massacre commence.
More to come.

Quote:
Originally Posted by PhiSig1071 View Post
GPS tracks available? This looks like fun.
Yes. Pm me with your e-mail address and give me a day. I need to delete a section that we should not have ridden. I'm sure the details will come out later.
ybracing is offline   Reply With Quote