View Single Post
Old 10-08-2013, 07:53 PM   #66
khager
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 760
I have been to most states including Hawaii and I even rented a bike there twice (kind of hard to take your own) Hawaii probably best weather yes, but too crowded and island (Oahu) too small. I would get bored with it real quick. WV, VA, NC, TN, MO, AR great twisties but not the best weather, too much rain, humidity, and overcast for me.

Texas has some good twisties in the hill country and good weather in fall, winter, spring, but summer sucks here. CO is the best summer riding around here, ahh the Rockies, but can't ride there in winter but no big deal, South TX is right down the road for me.

OK I've bored you long enough, now to answer the OP's question best State to live and ride in, money no object of course!

CALIFORNIA

Why? Because of the near perfect weather, and the variety of riding that state offers. From the great canyon roads near the coast, deserts, sierra nevada's, central coast mountain ranges. You can find great weather almost any day of the year, whether you have to go towards the coast to escape the heat in summer, or inland and/or up into the coastal mountains to escape the fog along the coast. Winter time head out into the deserts or inland valleys, or coast.

The bad tooooooo many people, and it cost too much $$$$$$ to live there. I would have to downgrade my standard of living, I know I have lived there before.

khager screwed with this post 10-08-2013 at 08:00 PM
khager is offline   Reply With Quote