View Single Post
Old 10-09-2013, 01:34 AM   #21
Sumi
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,757
IMO at TDC the marks (circle at the base of the teeth on the cams (see picture below) at the front cyls) on the cams should line up with the heads surface, so if you rotate the engine to TDC, and the marks on the cams are lined up there correctly, then it didn't skip a tooth. The front cam lobes should be pointing away from each other at TDC.

If they don't line up at TDC, I think you can just pull the bridge (!!!make sure the valve springs are not puting a load on it (there should be a gap between the buckets and the lobes - this is btw the gap that you adjust at a valve adjustment)!!!*, or it will crack - and because they're paired with the head, it's an expensive lesson), and reset the cams.. Instead of my first post in the thread I think there is no need for a degree wheel to perform this.

* Hope you haven't made any damage to it when you did the leakdown test - as you wrote in post #13 that you have loosened the bridge and turned over the engine that way.. BTW if the leakdown test says that it won't hold any PSI, then apart from the cams position to the crank, there is something else wrong in there:(

there are some good thoughts on this link:

http://www.ktm950.info/how/Orange%20...ve_adjust.html

Sumi screwed with this post 10-09-2013 at 01:57 AM
Sumi is offline   Reply With Quote