View Single Post
Old 10-09-2013, 07:20 AM   #2714
Fast Ferris OP
Shift Shaper

Oddometer: 4,024
Quote:
Originally Posted by JB2 View Post
...I'm picturing you, Dr. Doug and Wade on a road trip... let's just say we'd want to hide the wimmins and children!
Be a'skeered. Be VERY a'skeered.

There are still a few pix from Dr. Doug's RKADV Ride I didn't get around to posting up yet. On Sunday we left Blowing Rock and did a giant lap around the entire perimeter of Grandfather Mountain. The conditions were perfect - clear, crisp air, and clean (well, mostly...), dry roads.

So we're climbing out of Valle Crucis on 194 towards Banner Elk. You've ridden this road before; you know how very, very sweet it is. Me 'n D are on point, Dr. Doug is doing what we do, which is mostly just taking it easy and taking it all in. It. Was. Sublime.

Whoosh! We meet a sport bike rider headin' the other way, on a bend, on the boil. First I see the bike, haulin' mail, nice line, nice lean, then I see the wave as I wave, but at the last moment the hand gets extra-HUGE, then I see a quick, nearly subliminal flash of Barricade Orange. Poof, gone!

I process the info. It's a Uly, at speed.

It's Carlost!!!!!!

There was a decent wide spot to our left, so I idled us over 'cause I knew Carlost would hang a UE and hunt us down like the dogs we are. He was on us in about eight seconds.

We had a great, impromptu visit there in the glorious mountains, then all of us had to roll, to continue to hit our marks for the day.

Great to see you yet again this weekend, amigo!

Fast Ferris screwed with this post 10-09-2013 at 08:34 PM
Fast Ferris is offline   Reply With Quote